Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ghanaian Church

Okay so I begun attending a Ghanaian church (Bible-based ministry) almost 2 years ago and let me tell you, it is like nothing else. Actually I think most African churches operate rather similarly but I will address the one I know. Before I begin I must shout out the church mothers, the Sunday school teachers, the prayer warriors, the prayer towers, the women who always dance harder than you even do at the club during praise and worship, and the evangelists who can tell you what is going on in your life by praying a little with you. For those who are lost, it means you have never been to an African/Ghanaian church. It is not what you see at your traditional Catholic or Episcopalian church ohhhhh. Let me school you on what will happen and what you can hope to gain (the key words are bolded):
Whatever devil has been walking with you, they will rebuke it and cast it out quick, quick;
Whatever ancestral curses and covenants have been made on your behalf, must be aborted;
You will learn the meaning of POWERFUL PRAYER--as my pastor says, when we are PRAYING, we are PRAYING--not all that whispering and somber prayer ohhh, you must do battle. You will bind things on earth, you will come against principalities, Chaley, it is not easy;
You will begin to feel guilty about committing any sin because you will always hear the repercussions ringing in your ears;
You will know songs like Ogunchola (It'a a Miracle), My Oga Jesus, Awuradi A Ye A Ma Mi, and Me Huri So;
You will have a chance to become more local; and, you will praise and worship like you never have in your life.

It is great, I love going to church and aside from the fact that more people might be in your business and any "uncle" or "aunty" can call you out, it is wonderful.

Visit your local (no pun intended) Ghanaian church!

For those who want to experience this feely feely kadochi (for yourself), hit me up...I will make arrangements for you and we go dance and sing...
WE CONQA SA-TAN, WE CONQA DE-VIL...
AT THE MENTION OF HIS NAAAAAME, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW...
FAYA BURNIN IN MY SOULLLLLLLL, HOLY GHOST A FAYA EHHHHHHHHHH, PENTECOST A FAYA EHHHHHHHH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We grew up in a very popular Ghanaian church in MD and will never forget the 1 hour long announcements, “Brother Badu’s” 30 min long intercessory prayers, overly dramatized testimonies, "Sistah Vero's" not so melodic choir solos; and who could ever forget the "Kwesi na Ama" special offertory where the ladies in their finest Caba and tightest Slit backed it up all the way to the collection plate as if Lumba were playing in the background not praise and worship songs.

Anyone ever been to a Harvest auction? How about the bad-ass children in the back of the church or the toddler who always ran up to the alter at some point during the service?
In the midst of all of this drama, we managed to really praise the Lord. Now that we attend a multicultural church, I still miss those days!

dada ba

Anonymous said...

My sister today message be great paaa!!! Yes what you said be true true, because when the presence of the LORD is in the room your spirit can definitly feel it. se me wo yesu a me wo a die nenara.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...