Monday, October 12, 2009

Foodians Unite

Am I the only one who is a professed foodian? Foodian is a term often used by Ghanaians and perhaps other Africans to characterize a lover of food. It is sometimes used negatively but I am here to say that it can be positive...all foodians unite!!! There is power is numbers, so if you are a foodian be sure to leave your mark on this blog.

Ok, so here are some signs that you might be a foodian:

1. Good food give you tunnel vision until you have gotten your fill.
2. You get angry when someone interrupts you in the middle of a good meal.
3. You love food but not just any type of food, you are choosy and insist on exactly what you might be craving at any time (t)--if you went to school in Ghana, time (t) is a familiar concept.
4. You know how to cook because you refuse to depend on someone's good graces when you are ready to eat.
5. Many of your pictures include food as props.
6. Everyone who know you is aware that when you are hungry, you are to be fed or left alone until fed.
7. Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday--not because of the camaraderie and family.
8. Your first question when invited to a function is, "will there be food?"
9. You are a professional "takeaway" artist.
10. You love Costco

I think you are getting the idea that a foodian is...a connoisseur of food. It is an art actually, because one has to balance his/her love of food with the desire to wear skinny jeans, a tank top or leggings. Ok, I don't necessarily rock any of those with much frequency, but you get the point.

So I am guilty of some of the items listed but I am DEFINITELY guilty of #10. I love Costco. Where else can you get plantains, tomato sauce (for stew), chicken for nkrakra (soup), avocado for your ampesi, cornmeal for your kenkey, corned beef for your jollof, bread for your Milo, ginger for your sheto, and much more. Ahhh, then when your finish you can get gas for cheap. Costco is definitely a foodian's paradise!

So are you a foodian? Raise your fork or your fingers with pride!

P.S. check out the food footage while you salivate.

P.S.S I snuck a picture of Boris Kodjoe into the slideshow...I know he is not technically food but he is half-Ghanaian and he is " a tasty" as my sister would say so there you go.


6 comments:

Afia A said...

LOVE, LOVE LOVE YOUR BLOG... I can't stop myself from laughing...I will be checking in regularly for updates...P.S. You know I am an undercover Foodian...Lol Afia A.

Yen Kasa (Let's Talk) said...

Thanks mami! We have to get our cooking and EATING show on the road.

Nana Yaa 'Eduyani Hemaa' said...

This is the Queen Foodienne. I an here to reclaim my title. I can top any description you may have of a typical foodienne. I fit the prototype to a T. As they would say in my new favorite show CRiminal MInds...I am the unsub!
Great job. Very entertaining.

AIDgirl said...

h3h na you know s3 i'm a foodian paa oh!!! whenever you get a chance, checkout voxgenesis.com and look for ghanian cuisine...i made bayere and nkontomere stew with fried kobi mmmmhm! Awesome job madam, keep up the good work.
Cheers!

Yenkasa said...

Oh wow, thanks for the link. I loveeeeeeeeee kobi. I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the support girl...it is REALLY appreciated, especially from one of the AID madams! Muchas Smuchas!

Unknown said...

I'm proud to say I'm foodian😌😁

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...