Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fashion Fights Poverty

So I had the opportunity to attend FFP this past weekend and let me tell you, I enjoyed papaapa (very much).  

There were six featured clothing designers:
Aidah Collection
Mirza Imperial
Nudie Jeans
Rene Geneva
ReneeQ Bespoke
Studio-D Maxsi by Afua Sam (she is also a Ghanaian "doing it" on this side of the pond, I did not shout her out in the last posting so to Ms. Sam--Cheers for repping the Black Star)

In addition, there were three accesories desingers:
Camille Gabriele
Cha by Chandra
JJ Singh
Lillybee by Simply Soles

The show was well organized and well-attended.  It was at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington DC.  BTW, the good people at this sheeshy hotel donated the space for this good cause so if you are looking for a hotel in DC, be sure to patronize them.  Also, shouts to all the models, gift bag donors, staff of FPP, makeup artists, stylists, etc. who all donate their time and resources to this cause.     Anyway, rather than talk about the show, I will let the pictures do the talking.


Oh yeah, I did not get a chance to meet (and by meet I mean ransack their clothes and purchase the pieces I was interested in) the other designers so I cannot shout them out at this part but I CAN shout out ReneeQ who was gracious enough to allow us to bumrush her hotel room in order to buy some pieces. She had to have been tired but she put on a smile while we tried on almost every piece.  Yes, I got some pieces...so when you see me out with my ReneeQ bespoke don't be mad at me...I was "stalkerish" enough to wait by the elevator so that I could catch her on the way up.  LOL

So to Elaine Mensah and Co...mua y3 ad33 paa (you did a great job!)

Enjoy and be sure to leave comments!!!

2 comments:

SVELTE - www.svelte-emc.com said...

Akua - Thank you so much for showing all of us love on both your posts! It is the support from folks like yourself that allows all our businesses to grow.

This is my/SVELTE's 3rd year producing FFP's annual event and I am so thrilled that people enjoyed it and had a great time!

Hopefully, this will translate into more attendance at FFP next year and more production work for SVELTE :)

Yenkasa said...

Svelte Madam...I am happy to support good work. This was my first year attending and I was truly impressed with the production. Also, it is nice to see the Black Stars on both sides of the pond showing their talents and doing so with passion. Keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...